Amit vs Vishal

It was a Saturday morning when Amit met Vishal at his Doctor's clinic.
A few hours later they both had dinner together and it marked the start of a beautiful friendship.

They proved to be the much needed relief and support in each others life. Apart from their individual success and wealth, they both share a common bond. They just had 6 months to live. Both were battling final stages of cancer.

There friendship blossomed and 6 months later, they decided to share the same room in their final days on earth.

Just Minutes before his final moments, Vishal asked Amit what was his final wish.

Amit said - "I have spent the last 6 months flaunting off my wealth. I met as many people I could, to flaunt and show-off my wealth. My luxury cars, the grand parties, the expensive gadgets.. I wanted them to be Jealous of me after I died..

If I could make one wish right now, I would ask God for one more day.. as there are still a few people who haven't seen my grandiosity".

Them Amit asked Vishal, what would your final wish be -

Vishal said - "I thank god for cancer. I never realized how amazing life was. The day I got the news about cancer, I was driving my favorite BMW, had my favorite food and wore expensive clothes.. still the the tears kept flowing.

The day I gave the news about my cancer to my family, they shared my pain for 5 days and then got onto thinking about "long term needs"...Last 6 months I have seen people love me, hate me, care for me, pity me and above all want something from me... But beyond all that.. I finally discovered me.. I discovered love for myself. I learned to enjoy my life without caring what others think. Even a day of this freedom, was enough for me..and I got 6 months of it. I am happy with every single moment given to me."

Vishal closed his eys... and took a deep Breadth. Amit knew the moment had arrived. As tears flowed down his face, he suddenly found himself Jealous of Vishal...


Original Story written by -
Dr.Hemant Mittal
Psychiatrist
www.mindmantra.in - eksoch@gmail.com


MIND MANTRA - ITS WORLD CANCER DAY - PREVENT CANCER BY HAVING A HEALTHY LIFE STYLE... PREVENT CANCER BY HAVING A HEALTHY PHYSICAL AND MENTAL LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment