Ajay Devgan, Priyanka Chopra and Amitabh Bachchan have confessed to have different degrees of it.
OCD is one of the most common emotional issues which 90% people never get treatment for.
As you can see from the picture of the PET Scan attached, the brain of individuals with OCD is in a hyperactive mode and needs to be controlled.
Unfortunately PET scans cost a lot and not available everywhere... This is the kind of information which neuro-psychiatrists/ neurologists read for years together to have the ability to diagnosis and treat your problem.
Every OCD symptom tells a story. It tells which part of the brain is affected. It tells which specific treatment (medical or counseling) will work.
Henceforth, every person requires a personalized and specifically designed treatment.
Medicines are just helpful, they aint the ultimate cure.
Broadly, OCD symptoms can be categorised as:
1. Recurrent thoughts, images, or impulses that are experienced as intrusive and inappropriate, causing marked anxiety or distress
2. these are more than simple worries about life.
3. A person puts in all efforts to ignore, suppress, or neutralize these thoughts but fails on the same.
4. Most people Recognize this to be a product of their own mind
5. Compulsions may be present or not. They are behaviors or acts that you feel driven to perfom although may recognize them as senseless or excessive. At times you may try to resist doing them but this may prove extremely difficult. You may experience anxiety that does not diminish until the behavior is completed.
6. Such an emotional and behavioral pattern subjects a Person to develop extreme fear, negativity, decreased self-worth, introvert lifestyle, sadness and loneliness.
The most common OCD patterns observed are:
a. cleaning and keeping things in order- observed in housewife
b. sexual thoughts and masturbation
c. washing hands or taking bath
d. checking - locks, switches, etc
e. special sequence of numbers/words to be repeated before and after an action
f. mental list reviewing or mental list making.
d. constant recurrent memories of traumatic experiences in life.
for any further assistance on the same, contact me -
email - firstname.lastname@example.org
website - www.mindmantra.in