Helping and Loving don't know quantity only quality.


Tony was walking along a beach. It was a beautiful day.
He suddenly noticed his friend John, going back and forth the length of the beach.
He wondered why was he doing so.
As he approched John, he found that there were hundreds of starfish stranded on the sand as the result of the natural action of the tide.

It was obvious that the sun would kill most of those star fish.
John seemed to be stuck in a mindless battle of picking up one star fish at a time and throwing into the sea.
There were far too many starfish. Many of them were sure to perish.

John calmly kept doing the task of picking up starfish one by one and throwing them into the surf.

Tony shouted upon John: "Have you gone crazy??
Tens of Km's of the beach is covered with starfish."

.. a gasp of breath.. and another shout -
"don't you see they will die. Don't you see that if you throw one into the water, it might be washed back to the shore?
You cannot possibly make any difference, you idiot!!!"

John calmly looked at him. He then stooped down and pick up one more starfish and threw it back into the ocean and said:
"Maybe it will make make difference to this one!"


MIND MANTRA - A few days ago the relative of a adolescent patient of mine came into my clinic and started venting out his anger.
"I am done with her. She doesn't listen to me. I have tried my best to explain her. I have pleaded, I have slapped her, I have insulted her, but she doesn't listen.
I am a teacher, all my students and their parents love me, I counsel them, I help them.. .but I cannot do that with my daughter.. Why so?

Sadly people confuse ego with spreading love or positivity.
Most people feel good that others listen to them... That fuels their ego. They feel important.

Spreading love or positivity is not about feeling good how many people praise you... Spreading love or positivity is an unconditional act were you try to bring change without expecting the result.


by-

Dr.Hemant Mittal
(Psychiatrist and Motivational Writer/Speaker)

eksoch@gmail.com
http://mindmantra.in/services.html

personal consultation-
address- Mind Mantra wellness clinic
Shop 15, shreeji plaza, next to ice n spice restaurant,
opposite seawoods station,
seawoods (east)
Navi Mumbai - 400706

No comments:

Post a Comment