5 most common regrets at the time of dying - are you carrying one already??

An experiment where people where asked their biggest regrets just moments before their death revealed a very interesting part of human psychology.

The top 5 regrets were -

1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.

3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.


As you can see most people lived life in Fear!!!

- fear of not having the courage to go against society - so they never expressed themselves and lived by others expectations

- fear of a need for control - hence they worked extremely hard.. gave themselves no time to enjoy.

- fear of hurting others or themselves - so kept their feelings deep inside.

- fear of what their family/friends might think or opine about them - so they remained aloof.

- fear.. fear.. and fear.. it all took them away from happiness.. and finally they regretted living in fear.


Remove your fears... Liberate yourself.. become free.
Don't wait, time is counted.
seek help if required...

But start living like no there is no tomorrow...
start making your life count.


Dr.Hemant Mittal (Psychiatrist)
eksoch@gmail.com
www.mindmantra.in

No comments:

Post a Comment