Last Week saw one of the greatest Nationalist movements in the history of Modern India. Corrupt and inept functioning has become a cancerous disease which the entire governance of this country is affected with. The popular anger and frustration against this malpractice was perfectly channelized and conveyed to the "Elected representatives" of the people. The helm and face of this energy channelization was Anna Hazare, a 74yr old social activist, whose sheer power of smiling in adversity, love for people and love for nation touched every single individual who came across. Even his toughest critics had to stop and appreciate his determination.
The movement awakened patriotism for many and in their own special way they tried to do something for the nation. It was the emotional touch of this mixture of altruism and patriotism that motivated a friend of mine to do her bit for the movement. Being a soft-skill trainer in a multinational corporate company she was bounded by corporate laws. So trying to keep it as non-political possible, she wanted to deliver a positive message based on Anna's teachings. She called me on a high distress-level around Wednesday afternoon and asked if I could help her conceptualize something for her upcoming session. Later that evening we both had an amazing brain-storming session over loads of amazing, home brewed Yemenish coffee.
She had an amazing session that Friday. Instead of the regular half sleepy, want-to-go-home looks most people were wide awake, attentive and appreciative at the end her session. Some of the participants went ahead and demanded for a repeat for a greater audience.
I promised her that I wouldn't publish what we finally agreed upon but I did use the session as a base to prepare my own extract which I wanted to share with all of you.
Anna Hazare is an embodiment of success. One good psychological analysis at his life and we see how the "laws of success" have been subconsciously SUCCESSFULLY applied. If you ever doubted yourself, feel that success is only for the lucky, thought you are destined to live poor/unhappy or have lost confidence in yourself then this 74yr old ex-army man from a small rural town of Maharashtra has the following to teach you.
1. The Awakening - Anna Hazare wasn't born Anna Hazare. He was just like you and me. A young man who joined the Indian Army. It wasn't until he became the lone survivor of a brutal massacre of his entire battalion at the hands of the Pakistani Army that his mind didn't question his soul. He found the answers and started acting on them.
iAnna 1 - If you want success and happiness in life than its time to awaken. You question yourself everyday, you know the negatives in your life, but you wait for someone to come and help you. You hope a miracle will make everything happen. STOP THINKING... START ACTING.
2. Baby Steps - Anna Hazare didn't start by leading nation-wide agitations. He started by bringing small reforms in his work place. Reforms that probably no one has heard or cared about till date. Later he moved to fighting for causes he believed in. He spent 35yrs before he became a national figure.
iAnna 2 - Everyone want to do something Big! You are always better than your Boss! You always think you are stuck in the most insignificant of jobs! You always think your potential is being wasted!
Learn to MASTER small works. Once you have mastered a work, make sure your next assignment is bigger than the previous one. Else you will remain a master of small.
3. Clarity of mind - Anna Hazare is known to have a clarity of mind at the start of any movement. From prohibition of alcohol in his home town, to education, abolishing untouchability, water irrigation projects, farmer rights and till his fight against corruption he has not rested till he got what he wanted.
iAnna 3 - Learn to define your Goal in any activity you do. Once you define a goal, people around you will emotionally and/or financially bargain with you. They will try to make sure you give in your demands for cheap. If you have a clarity of mind on what you want, you can achieve it.
4. Etiquette - Anna Hazare is a charming man because he is so easy to talk to. He is always smiling. He listens to others. He questions others. He is very empathic in conveying his point. And above all with all the power he has, he never abuses it by promoting violence.
iAnna 4 - If you don't express your feelings, the suppression of emotions can be destructive for the subconscious. If you express your feelings only through anger and negative behavior people will run away from you. Many people need to develop etiquette on how express their feelings.
5. Public Support - Anna Hazare's popularity became viral in a matter of days. It didn't take more than a week for millions of people from all backgrounds of life to go from "Who is Anna Hazare?" to "I support Anna Hazare?". The reason is that Anna accepted, appreciated and fought for the people he believed in.
iAnna 5 - The biggest mistake people make in effort to be popular is too try and please everyone. The most important part is to first become popular among people who think like you. Once they start appreciating and understanding your point of view, they will become your brand ambassadors and ask people to follow you. And the only way to be popular among those think like you is to accept them as they are, appreciate them and help them.
Learn from great leaders and Let success be part of your life.
Motivational Speaker - Mind-Body Healer
(MBBS, PG.DPM, M.D.(Mind Mantra Wellness Concepts - Mumbai))
(Specialize in Emotional, Behavioural, Sleep, Memory, Concentration and Sexual Health)
Contact at -
Email - email@example.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/Hemant_MittaL