- Many have asked me what is the meaning of love.. Here are some points that will help you clear your mind. -
1. A decision to commit oneself to another and to work through conflicts instead of giving up.
2. Physical and emotional "chemistry" over a long period of time. (from few years to entire life span)
3. Their is an intrinsic desire to think about the other person first.
Help, care and commit to the well-being of the other person, even at the cost of your own.
This eventually leads to a sense of Intimacy, contentment and security.
4. Faithfulness, loyalty and confidence in self, your partner and your relationship.
Settling differences is more important than proving yourself better than other.
5. Genuine commitment towards your partner.
Mutual respect, love and admiration for each other, which translates into a sense of self-satisfaction.
True love is independent of sex. Sex is part of it, but isn't it.
6. A deep affection and contentment in seeing your partner succeed.
Doing all possible to help them become successful in whatever they do.
7. Healthy communication that has a perfect mix of expectations, selflessness and assertiveness.
8. Security and sense of peace in being close and along with your partner.
9. The feeling of togetherness deepens with time, the magic of real love is that this togetherness is not based on "dependency" or "blind following" your partner... but this togetherness gives rise to a beautiful sense of individuality wereby one is emotionally secure, psychologically and physically cared for, and above all motivated to greater self discovery.
10. True love has no place for cheating, infatuations or blind dependency on others.
11. Love is a gradual process. It takes time to cultivate and it grows slowly. It cannot happen over a few months or few days.
It takes years of hard work to come into its full form.
12. Purest form of Love is unconditional love.
There is no definition for love. Its just there.
Unconditional lover doesn't care about his/her partners money or social.
Unconditional lover doesn't care about his/her partners beauty or looks.
Unconditional lover doesn't want to flaunt your partner to make others jealous.
Unconditional love has no explanations and no boundaries..
Unconditional love has no expectations... Its just there.
Dr.Hemant Mittal (MBBS, DPM, MD(mindmantra))
(Psychiatrist, Motivational Writer and Counselor)
email – firstname.lastname@example.org
website – www.mindmantra.in
clinic address- 15, shreeji plaza, next to ice n spice restaurant, opposite seawoods station, seawoods (east)
(feel free to ask your questions/feedback through email)