BE RICH... NOT ARROGANT!!!

Tony wanted to be a rich guy... he dreamt of it day and night... whenever he got a chance he behaved like a rich man... be it while talking to his friend, while shopping, at the local Mcdonalds or specially after drinking.

He felt a rich man owned the world. He could break any law, any order as the power of money permitted him.

One night after drinking too much, he wanted to drive around the city of Mumbai... His friends stopped him!! .. No one wanted to get in trouble with the police.

Tony didn't listen to anyone, he had done in many times and he felt money could buy any police office... so he got into his car and zoomed off.

Next morning, Tony woke up with a heavy head... he saw his friends standing next to him...

"How are you feeling Tony?" - asked Martin.

"you had an accident last night, are you fine!!"

Tony replied - Ya, I am great... I cann't remember anything.

Suddenly he saw a middle age man standing next to his friends.

Martin again said - "you bumped into this man's car".

Tony looked at him and said arrogantly - "How much is it going to cost?!!!

The man replied - 18yrs  to me.... and a lot more to you.

Tony - is this Some kind of joke? Tell me how much it will cost!!! take the money and let me sleep... and if you are after a sorry.. then i am sorry.. now tell me how much I owe you..

The man said - Your car bumped into the side where my 18yr daughter was sitting... she was admitted in the very next room.. a few moments ago she died... I wanted to come and see the man who took away the most beautiful 18yrs of my life.

Tears flowing down his cheek... the man composed himself and said -
The law will take its course, you will go to jail.. as a rich man, you will also be free within few months... then you'll go back home and hug your daughter.. I only had one daughter.. and now i will have to wait till I reach heaven to hug her again."

....


"As this phases passes, i will try and forgive you...  after all they say, you come to peace only when you forget your tormentor.
I will try to forgive you a thousand times... maybe I will succeed one day.. may be I will fail all those thousand times... I am human and I don't look to become a saint.."

a small pause... he took a turn to walk out of the room..

"I came into this room full of anger... and I won't deny I go out of this room with some of it satisfied... Because one day I might stop remembering my girl, wish her peace and smile at her sweet memories... but you will never... I don't know if you have noticed, but you lost both your legs in the accident!!!"

Tony in utter shock looked under his bed sheet!!!


MORAL - BE RICH... NOT ARROGANT!!!


ORIGINAL STORY BY  Dr.Hemant Mittal (Psychiatrist and Counselor)

CONTACT -
email – eksoch@gmail.com
website – www.mindmantra.in
address- 15, shreeji plaza, next to ice n spice restaurant, opposite seawoods station, seawoods (east)
Navi Mumbai

No comments:

Post a Comment